Sunday, January 23, 2005

People Suck

I work in customer service. Therefore, I must deal with all kinds of people. Now I don't mind most of the people that walk into the store and ask questions. Some people are new to owning a pool and we are there to help. However, there are times when people want a specific part for their pool equipment. Normally, this is not a big deal. Normally. But when we ask what brand they have, they look at us as if we just shot them in the leg. People, minor suggestion, know your equipment. No, not all pool equipment is the same. If you walk into a shoe store and tell the clerk you want a new pair of shoes, they are going to ask a series of questions. What style, size, brand, color? Running, walking, basketball, tennis? Same for pool equipment. There are many different pumps, filters, etc. Each type of equipment is made by at least 10 different companies. Result? Lots of different sizes and styles of replacement parts. Please understand that there is no such thing as an average size pool either. I wish i could kick people when they say their pool is average size. Did you call 1000 people and ask them and then calculate the results? No. So don't assume what you have is "the norm". And finally. The pointless questions on the phone. The biggest one........"Are you open?" Would I be answering the phone if we weren't? Do you think we have call-forwarding so that I may answer your questions while I eat lunch at home? NO. So don't ask that when you call. Morons.

1 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Ifiril said...

I feel your pain. I worked in customer service, dealing with people's credit card issues at a local bank. You have no idea how many people called in screaming, bitching and moaning as if it was my fault that they were behind on their credit card payments. I finally had to leave the job before I told somebody where they could shove their Visa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google